JOB TITLE: Site Director, Head Start Program (Yonkers)
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Site Director for our White Plains, NY Head Start program. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
POSITION TITLE: Site Director, Head Start Program
SUPERVISED BY: Joquene Hall Ramirez
PURPOSE: This position is responsible for the general and day-to-day operations of a Head Start/Early Head Start center covering multiple classrooms, assuring regulatory and legal compliance with federal, state and local regulations, communicating with parents and the community and supervision and monitoring of all staff working at the assigned center(s). The position may be reassigned to various centers as deemed necessary for program operations.
- Responsible for the general and day-to-day operations of a Head Start/Early Head Start center covering multiple classrooms, working knowledge of OCFS regulations and codes, and ability to handle site inspections.
- Responsible for Facilities Management, Staffing Management, Program Administration, and Parental Communication.
- Work with teachers to ensure that all classrooms are safe, attractive, and developmentally appropriate, and review weekly lesson plans.
- Manages new hire paperwork and all employee files in compliance with state licensing regulations.
- Ensure your site is operating effectively; maintaining licensing, safety and educational standards.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Bachelors Degree
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of the employment application.
The performance will be evaluated based on:
- Performance and Goals
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Site Director, Head Start Program, speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply please submit your resume to: Joquene Hall Ramirez