|Job title||Social Worker/Clinician, Family Mental Health (White Plains)|
|Reports to||Clinic Director|
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Family Strengthening Social Worker/Clinician for our Family Strengthening Program.
POSITION: Social Worker/Clinician
SUPERVISED BY: Clinic Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly engaging in home, school and community visits with families with children ages 3-8 with emotional/behavioral issues
- Working within a short-term, crisis-based model
- Working clinically with children and families within Trauma Systems Therapy framework
- Referring families to and attending family network meetings
- Collaborating with school staff, clinical and hospital staff and community-based organizations
- Regularly attend early childhood community network meetings
- Collaborate with the Crisis Prevention and Response Team, the Department of Community Mental Health-Children’s Services and the Department of Social Services
- Refer to and collaborate with appropriate community/mental health services
- Complete appropriate documentation and data collection
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work, counseling, and/or a related field
- License (Preferred)
- Experience working within the community with challenged young children and their families
- Experience working with families that have experienced trauma
- Knowledge of early childhood development, short-term, crisis-based work and the Trauma systems Therapy model
- Bilingual preferred
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Social Worker/Clinician speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply through Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please email resume to Andrew Levine @ Andrew.Levine@fsw.org and Lindsay March @ Lindsay.March@fsw.org and Sonya Gaffney @ Sonya.Gaffney@fsw.org and Lupita Deluccia @ Lupita.Deluccia@fsw.org and Claire Hurst @ Claire.Hurst@fsw.orgapply, please email resume to
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.