Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 650 professionals and paraprofessionals including master’s level social workers, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, childcare workers, nurses, certified home health aides, multilingual clinicians, peer counselors and early childhood educators for the rapidly expanding early childhood and Head Start Programs.
FSW’s Family Strengthening program serves families with children ages 3–8 throughout Westchester County. Family Strengthening provides free, confidential services at home, at the child’s school and in the community.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Family Strengthening Social Worker/Clinician for our Family Strengthening Program.
- Regularly engaging in home, school and community visits with families with children ages 3-8 with emotional/behavioral issues
- Working within a short-term, crisis-based model
- Working clinically with children and families within Trauma Systems Therapy framework
- Referring families to and attending family network meetings
- Collaborating with school staff, clinical and hospital staff and community-based organizations
- Regularly attend early childhood community network meetings
- Collaborate with the Crisis Prevention and Response Team, the Department of Community Mental Health-Children’s Services and the Department of Social Services
- Refer to and collaborate with appropriate community/mental health services
- Complete appropriate documentation and data collection
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work, counseling, and/or a related field
- License preferred
- Experience working within the community with challenged young children and their families
- Experience working with families that have experienced trauma
- Knowledge of early childhood development, short-term, crisis-based work and the Trauma systems Therapy model
- Bilingual preferred
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
-COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Plains, NY 10603: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our locations. Are you able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
- Social work: One Year (Required)
Work Location: One location
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and the position of Social Worker/Clinician speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume to Andrew Levine: Andrew.Levine@fsw.org; Lindsay March: email@example.com; Sonya Gaffney: firstname.lastname@example.org; Lupita Deluccia: email@example.com; and Claire Hurst: Claire.Hurst@fsw.org