|Job title||Social Workers, Family Mental Health (Hastings-on-Hudson)|
|Reports to||Clinical Director|
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education, and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 450 professionals and paraprofessionals includes Master’s level social workers, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, child care workers, nurses, certified home health aides, multilingual clinicians, peer counselors, and early childhood educators.
FSW’s Family Mental Health Centers are licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health to offer comprehensive mental and behavioral health services at convenient locations throughout Westchester County, including Hastings-on-Hudson, Mount Vernon, Pelham, Port Chester, Sleepy Hollow, White Plains, and Yonkers. For more information, please visit our website at www.fsw.org.
All FSW centers are located in Westchester County which offers excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and superb transportation connections to New York City. FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off. For clinicians, we offer opportunities for bonuses based on productivity. This position is a combination of remote and on-site work.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking Full-time and Part-time bilingual English-Spanish speaking (preferred) and non-bilingual Licensed Master level Social Workers (LMSW, LMHC, LFMT) to work in one of our seven Family Mental Health Centers reporting to a Clinic Director. This position is a combination of remote and on-site work. These highly capable and dedicated individuals will provide individual, family, and group counseling to work with individuals and families to mitigate mental health symptoms and improve functioning. The Clinicians will possess excellent clinical skills that are trauma-informed. Experience in working with children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced mental health struggles are essential.
POSITION: Social Worker
SUPERVISED BY: Clinical Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies high-quality treatment based on clinical diagnosis and assessment of the patient’s presenting problem.
- Works with client to develop treatment plan and goals, based on social, emotional, and health needs of the patient/family and the impact of the client’s family and environment.
- Effectively provides individual, family, and group counseling.
- Accurately documents all clinical interventions, diagnosis, symptoms, presenting problems in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Provides trauma-informed treatment using Evidenced Based Model.
- Provides counseling services to complex individuals with Mental Health and Substance use diagnosis
- Provides crisis intervention and provides linkages to concrete services and wraparound support.
- Coordinates and case manager’s plans within the agency and with outside agencies, including interfacing with school, criminal justice, medical, and social service agencies.
- Participates in weekly one-hour supervision with LCSW supervisor.
- Participates in multi-discipline team conferences and service training programs.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT
- Current New York State registration and license as a Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) or corresponding degree
- 1+ years of experience providing clinical treatment to families and children in individual, family, group, and crisis intervention modalities
- Outstanding clinical, assessment, and diagnostic skills
- Proficient in the use of computers, and specifically with electronic medical records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a culturally diverse population
- Team-focused collaborator
- Passionate about providing high quality care to low-income, underserved residents in mental health setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized, self –directed
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Excellent clinical experience with mentally ill, substance abuse afflicted population
- Desire to work in underserved communities
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off. For clinicians, we offer opportunities for quarterly bonuses based on productivity.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Social Worker/Clinician speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please email resume to Andrew Levine @ Andrew.Levine@fsw.org and Lindsay March @ Lindsay.March@fsw.org and Sonya Gaffney @ Sonya.Gaffney@fsw.org and Lupita Deluccia @ Lupita.Deluccia@fsw.org and Claire Hurst @ Claire.Hurst@fsw.org
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.