Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Reporting to Senior VP of Early Childhood Programs, The Directors of Special Education serves as a member of the FSW Leadership Team. This role provides leadership, management, supervision, evaluation, coordiantion, and direction of all special education programs and services for students with disabilities aged three to five years old. Responsibilities include strategic professional development, creating and managing budgets, monitoring compliance to meet state and federal mandates, and supporting equitable evidence-based practices and programming for academic growth and achievement, social-emotional learning, and behavior management within a multi-tiered system of supports framework.
JOB STATUS: Full-time
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director of Special Education
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using a continuous improvement model,monitor the effectiveness of special education programming and provide guidance to the Administrative Assistant of Related Services Supervisors, IEP Coordinator, achievement and social-emotional learning for students receiving special education.
- Communicate effectively with staff, senior leadership, parents, agencies, facilities, districts, and the NYS Department of Education.
- Supervise the planning, implementation, and evalution of Extended School Year(ESY) each summer.
- Supervise, evaluate, and lead a team of of certified and classified staff to suppport effective implementation of special education programming.
- Oversee reporting and compliance, including prepartion and submission of all reports and date for the federal, state, and district monitoring of special education.
- Recruit,interview, hire, and retain qualified staff.
- Analyze budgets, revenues, expenditures, adjustments, and grants in collaboration woth Sr. VP of Early Childhood Education, and Finance staff.
- Supervise out-of-district placements and contracts for both in-district and out-of-district placements.
- Supervise the calculation and submission of the SEDCAR1 Vendor Funding reports.
- Manage conflict resolution, including consultation, facilitation, and meditation within the district.
- Coordinate relevant professional development for all staff .
- Oversight of state and federal compliance related to IDEA, NYSED, and OCFS regulations.
- Supervise all activities related to Medicaid claiming and reimbursement, including anual training, budgeting, billing, and cost reconciliation.
- Consult with CPSE and other Special Education leaders to develop, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of FSW PTTP Special Education programs and students.
- Identify and communicate to senior management Primetime needs in terms of facilities, physical space, amenities, and other logistical program components. In collaboration with Site Directors, assure classrooms and playgrounds are well-equipped, secure, clean, and otherwise comport with program requirements and FSW’s standards.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a culturally sensitive manner within FSW’s philosphy and mission.
- Analyze and report on special education enrollment and PNL bi-monthly.
- Attends staff and other organizational meetings, as designated, to ascertain the Primetime Therapeutic Preschool Programs’ short and long range plans, programs, and goals within areas of responsibility.
- Oversees Primetime staff development related to programs, educational activities, seminars, and training opportunities.
- Maintains clients confidentiality at all times per FSW policies and procedures.
- Adheres to New York State Education Policies and procedures; including the maintenance documentation in compliance with Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS), and other appplicable city, state, and federal laws.
- Meet annual mandatory training requirements.
- Manage regional Special Education documentation system including web based CPSE Portal, NYSED assistance with providing Medicaid, Disability and CPS documentation.
- Implement NYSED Field Memorandums as needed.
- Monitor regional contracts for Westchester County, Putnam County, and NYSED.
- Provide performancee feedback to PTTP staff.
- Advance degree (Masters or above) from an accredited or approved college or university in a field related to Special Education, business, Supervisor and/or administration of schools.
- Permanent Certification in Special Education (at least Birth-2nd Grade) and General Education (Early Childhood/Elementary)
- At least five+ years of Teaching experience in a self-contained classroom.
- At least two years’ experience in a supervisory or educational administration role.
- Experience with Related Services and SEIT/SEIS.
- Knowledge of NYSED 4410 special education services and programs educational requirements and achievement metrics and performance measures, as well as facility interpreting data and using data for quality improvement purposes.
- Understanding of program management, including program planning, operations and evaluation, and management information systems;
- Demonstrated skills as regards administrative and performance aspects of programs and ability to respond to environmental changes and pressures.
- Strong leadership skills are a must; the position requires the ability to achieve programmatic goals in an environment of shared authority and decision-making, in accordance with NYSED 4410 special education services and the program’s philosophy.
- Ability to articulate a compelling vision of the Prime-Time Therapeutic Preschool programs and be an enthusiastic advocate for clients in the communities.
- Staff management experience
- Program oversight experience
- Experience working with CPSE/CSE Portal
- Manual dexterity and regular hours at the computer keyboard
- Physical strength and dexterity skills in negotiating stairs and uneven surfaces
- Ability to physically remove students from harm during tantrums
- Ability to intercept students running toward danger
- Ability to bend and lift/manage up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to drive between sites
- Ability to respond to emergencies; provide CPR and First Aid
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS REQUIRED.
- Must Have Valid NYS driving license and daily access to a car.
- Frequent contact with employees and representatives of outside agencies, Prime-Time families, and children
- Adherence to NYSED, OCFS Standards regarding Program Operations, Facilities, and Federal Administrative requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Plains, NY 10605: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- At FSW, we require proof of COVID-19 Vaccination to work at any of our sites, can you show proof of COVID-19 vaccination ?
Work Location: One location
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if this position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume to Joquene Hall Ramirez: joquene.HRamirez@fsw.org