Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
The Sr. Administrative Assistant will support and assist with the daily activities of the department including greeting visitors. Under the supervision of the Sr. Vice President of Early Childhood Programs, the Sr. Administrative Assistant will provide high-level administrative support by performing clerical functions such as answering the phone, managing correspondence, organizing, and maintaining files. The Sr. Administrative Assistant will support organizational grants, programs, and projects through data entry activities. The Sr. Administrative Assistant will maintain a high level of knowledge of all departmental functions and activities to respond to internal and external inquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephones in a courteous, helpful manner at all times and take messages or forward calls as appropriate.
- Greets public and visitors, notifying individuals of visitors presenting for meetings and interviews.
- Organize departmental meetings: Coordinate schedules, reserve rooms, send meeting requests via Outlook, prepare agendas, coordinate catering and supplies, coordinate multi-media technology, attend meetings, take, and distribute minutes.
- Produce final drafts of program guides, parent and policy council handbook, training materials, grant request and misc.
- Supports Policy Council meetings, Health Services Advisory Committee and other committees in preparation, reproduction, distribution and recording of meeting agendas, minutes, reports, and other information.
- Order supplies and program materials, disseminate items, and monitor inventory.
- Organize documents for approval, including contracts, invoices, request forms, and purchase orders.
- Supports planning and coordination of departmental activities.
- Assure that the office space is neat, clean, organized, and welcoming; coordinate with facilities and IT if maintenance issues arise.
- Enters data into platforms (e.g. Teaching Strategies Gold, COPA) or spreadsheets
- Maintains data quality by following program guidelines and procedures
- Establishes data entry priorities and meets deadlines
- Notifies program supervisors/leads if inconsistencies or errors in data are identified; assists in correcting identified issues.
- Informs the Sr. VP of Early Childhood Programs of any problems that may affect the quality and standards of the department operations.
- Fosters good communication between Family Services of Westchester and community partners.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a culturally sensitive manner within Family Services of Westchester and philosophy and mission.
- Attends staff and other organizational meetings, as designated, to Family Services of Westchester short- and long-range plans, programs, and goals within areas of responsibility.
- Participates in staff development programs, educational activities, seminars, and training opportunities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to Family Services of Westchester children, families, and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with Family Services of Westchester Employee Handbook: Human Resources Policies and Procedures, and the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) regulations and adheres to them.
- High school diploma (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent active listening and clear oral communication skills
- Highly organized and self-directed, able to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-accountability environment
- Flexible and exhibits the ability to adapt as situations evolve
- Effective in problem-solving and exhibits excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize
- Able to function effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong customer service skills
- Engaging, warm and caring personality
- Culturally competent/sensitive (racial, ethnic, linguistic, LGBTQ+, physical ability, etc.) and committed to inclusive, multi-cultural programming
- Mastery of computer use, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong writing and reading skills
- Able to understand and follow detailed instructions
- Exceptional attention to details
- Experience with community/health/social service organizations
- Experience with electronic records is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years providing outstanding administrative support at senior level
- Must have a valid NYS driving license and daily access to a car
- Bilingual (Proficient in English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of the employment application.
- Manual dexterity and regular hours at a computer keyboard
- Approximately 60% sitting and 40% walking/standing
- Frequent contact with employees and representatives of outside agencies, frequent contact with clients.
- Some exposure to communicable diseases.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse, and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Administrative Assistant speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please submit your resume to Joquene.HRamirez@fsw.org