Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Family Services of Westchester’s seven Family Mental Health Program Centers are licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health to offer comprehensive mental and behavioral health services at convenient locations throughout Westchester County.
The staff accountant is responsible to maintain accurate and timely accounting records in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assist with all areas of financial reporting (ex. month-end financials, UDS reports, Medicaid and Medicare Cost reports, Federal Financial Reports, Managed Care and Visit Reports, etc.
- Assist with the coordination of all audits including financial, Federal, State, and local agencies.
- Maintain and provide documentation of program expenses to ensure timely and accurate vouchering and billing.
- Voucher and bill program costs to appropriate funding sources in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with CFO, Director of Finance, and other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, Assistant Controller, and other finance and center-wide managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests
- Monitor program accounting and reporting for compliance with contractual guidelines.
- Maintain necessary and related spreadsheets for monthly reconciliation with general ledger and posting procedures
- Prepares standard and/or recommends journal entries to the General Ledger (revenue, receivables, accrued expenses, etc.) when necessary.
- Post payments to their targeted programs, in a manner agreeable with monthly closings and general ledger postings.
- Research variances from the budget and recommend budget modification.
- Interact and maintain a professional relationship with vendors, funding sources, and program staff.
- Assist department management with other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, as designated, to ascertain the center’s short- and long-range plans, programs, and goals within areas of responsibility
- Collaborates with the Finance Director to develop and implement department goals and objectives annually.
- Participates in staff development programs, educational activities, seminars, and training opportunities
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting (required)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an Accountant
- Non-Profit Accounting Experience
- Strong mathematics, computer and Excel skills
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of the employment application.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse, and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Administrative Assistant speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your resume to: Renee Tucker