SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS (TWO FOR THE EASTVIEW LOCATION)
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
JOB TITLE: Substitute Teacher
JOB STATUS: Part- Time (25 Hours Per Week)
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Education Manager
The Services to Children with Disabilities content area is an integral part of the larger system of services provided by Head Start. It plays an important part in supporting the goals of the program. This position is responsible for services to children with disabilities of the Head Start Performance Standards. This includes working to develop appropriate placement and early childhood education curriculum and providing educational resources for staff and parents, ensuring compliance with performance standards and recognized best practices in the field of early childhood education and special education. This position ensures that the disabilities services provided are supported by staff and/or consultant with training and experience in field(s) related to social, human or family services so that needed services for children with disabilities can be individualized and secured.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist teachers in the classroom while facilitating learning and supporting children’s learning
- Interact and engage with the students throughout the day.
- Attend staff development trainings during the year.
- Work with a diverse community, including a significant Spanish-speaking population.
- Partner with the teaching staff and administration in the overall philosophy and direction of the program.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our sites. Are you able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
- High School or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
Work Location: One location
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply through Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resume to Idalia Yambo at Idalia.Yambo@fsw.org