Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. FSW is an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Job Description: Family Services of Westchester is looking for Substitute Teachers for our Head Start and Early Head Start programs. This position will be reporting to the Rochambeau site location in White Plains, NY.
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: Typically 25 hours per week throughout the school year
- Support the lead and assistant teachers with implementing the curriculum.
- Provide interactive, reliable and engaging supervision for the children
- Attend professional development trainings throughout the year.
- Support the teachers with ensuring health and safety guidelines (OCFS)
- Provide active supervision indoors and outdoors.
- Will have designated site assigned to, but site for a day may change based on program need.
- High School Diploma
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Substitute Teacher speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to children within our community, please complete the online application on Indeed.com and upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please email resume to Maria Pilco at Maria.Pilco@fsw.org