Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is looking for: Respite Staff & Summer Camp Staff/Lifeguards
For our Respite Program located in White Plains, NY. As a recreational leader, the Respite Worker will be part of a team providing supervision, support, and social skills building for children between the ages of 5-21 who are struggling with serious emotional disturbance (SED).
- Work within a team, providing supervision/engagement during recreational activities for SED children in one of our programs – varied flexible hours available weekdays after school, weekends (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday daytime), school vacations and summer break.
- Summer Camp is (Monday – Thursday) and Friday is a shorter team meeting day
- Submit the mandatory program forms, log reports, petty cash records, and progress notes daily
- Work individually or in groups with children & adolescents to build skills, promote resilience and have fun.
- Potential to become part of support circle for children, including additional supportive contact
- Hours for this position are non-traditional and require flexibility in response
- Must meet with supervisor monthly and attend monthly staff meetings
- Submit your schedule weekly to program supervisor
- Maintain FSW agency vehicles cleanliness and document vehicle usage and maintenance needs.
- Experience with the SED population preferred. Experience working with children in a recreational or educational setting strongly preferred.
- Initial orientation and supervision as well as training sessions are required.
- Cultural awareness & sensitivity
- Ability to set boundaries and limits, to work collaboratively with others, and to communicate information clearly in a strength-based, sensitive way, both orally and in writing
- Ability to connect with people, recognizing and building on their individual strengths.
- Consistency and dependability – being responsible to meet obligations and honor commitments
- Have a great sense of humor
- HS Diploma
- Some College(preferred)
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or Related Field (preferred)
- Working with SED population: 3 years (preferred)
Required license or certification:
- Valid Driver’s License 21+ (any state)
- CPR/BLS & Lifeguard Training (with in last year) preferred
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Head Start Assistant Teacher speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.