Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
FSW is an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 450 professionals and paraprofessionals includes Master’s level social workers, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, child care workers, nurses, certified home health aides, multilingual clinicians, peer counselors and early childhood educators.
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is looking for Other Licensed Practitioner (OLP) therapists that will be part of the Child and Family Treatment and Support Services team, providing Therapy Services for youth (up to age 21) and their families.
Program located in White Plains, NY.
Other Licensed Practitioner (OLP) therapists will be part of the Child and Family Treatment and Support Services team providing supervision, support, and social skills building for children between the ages of 5-17 who are struggling with serious emotional disturbance (SED). OLP services are goal-oriented supports and solution-focused interventions intended to address challenges associated with a behavioral health need and to achieve identified goals or objectives from the child’s treatment plan. OLP is a face-to-face intervention with the child/youth (required), family/caregiver, or other collateral supports.
· Provide Assessments for mental health and/or substance use needs
· Identify strengths and abilities through individual and family therapy.
· Provide individual, family and group counseling in-home and community locations.
· Engage in wrap-around & network meetings to ensure effective communication to support the youth, family, and their support system.
· Maintain all documentation in Electronic Health Records.
· Hours for this position are non-traditional and require flexibility in response
· Must meet with supervisor monthly and attend monthly staff meetings
· Submit your schedule weekly to the program supervisor
· Maintain FSW agency vehicle’s cleanliness and document vehicle usage and maintenance needs.
· This position may require the use of a personal vehicle with reimbursement for mileage.
· Licensed Clinician, LMSW/LCSW, LMHC
· Experience providing clinical work with youth and their families
· Training to work with trauma-exposed youth
· Have own car and valid driver’s license
· Bilingual (English-Spanish) a plus
· Experience with the SED population is preferred. Experience working with children in a recreational or educational setting strongly preferred
· Initial orientation and supervision, as well as training sessions, are required.
· Cultural awareness & sensitivity
· Ability to set boundaries and limits, to work collaboratively with others, and to communicate information clearly in a strength-based, sensitive way, both orally and in writing
· Ability to connect with people, recognizing and building on their individual strengths
· Consistency and dependability – being responsible to meet obligations and honor commitments
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the positionof OLP Therapist speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com