Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education, and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
This position supports the Department in the delivery of high quality, sustainable services to FSW’s elderly clients and their families. The Counselor supports both clients and volunteers to ensure transportation services are delivered to seniors in need. This includes working in FSW’s Assisted Rides database, answering inbound calls from seniors and their families, and facilitating connections to volunteers. The Transportation Counselor, often the first contact for clients, is a high-visibility position that calls for excellent customer service. The Counselor also is called upon to provide key information to the overall RideConnect team and Senior Services department pertaining to client needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer incoming calls promptly and professionally, obtaining intake information from clients and families and responding promptly with appropriate referrals and information
- Answering calls and setting up rides
- Input data on referrals into Assisted Rides database
- Maintain and utilize current information on transportation volunteers, scheduling rides with clients as appropriate
- Support outreach and education efforts
- Follow up with clients and volunteers as needed
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in communications, social services or other relevant field
- Proficient in Spanish
- Excellent communication skills, including exhibiting tact and patience when interacting with clients and families;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to create and maintain schedules
- Able to be cooperative and flexible and maintain focus in a fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of services needed by and available to seniors in Westchester County
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel; willingness and ability to learn Assisted Rides and other office applications
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Transportation Counselor speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to social service, please submit a resume to Nicolle Burnale at email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour