JOB TITLE: VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (White Plains)
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester County community.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
JOB STATUS: Full-time
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Family and Community Engagement Manager, Early Childhood
The Volunteer Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Senior Family and Community Engagement Manager to establish and maintain relationships with community partners for our Early Childhood programs. The purpose of this role is to ensure that we meet the “in-kind” requirements through community volunteers, that we build up the early childhood workforce, and that our programs are a known, positive presence in the areas we serve. The person in this position is needed to recruit, place, train, and track community members throughout Westchester County who are interested in volunteering in our Early Childhood Programs. We have the capacity to take on a large number of volunteers, interns, foster grandparents, etc., and require someone to oversee the process in its entirety and to be able to demonstrate outcomes through data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/JOB DETAILS:
- Recruit, place and train volunteers for Early Childhood programs
- Develop community partnerships and maintain those relationships
- Oversee and track “in-kind” services and donations for Early Childhood
- Collaborate with the White Plains Youth Bureau and Workforce Department
- Coordinate logistics of large donations
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/CREDENTIALS & TRAINING:
- Must possess an Associate of Art’s Degree
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application. At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our work locations.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the Volunteer Coordinator position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply through Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resume to Hope Lilian: Hope.Lilian@fsw.org