We’re Adding More Locations! FSW is adding Head Start and Early Head Start locations across Westchester. These locations were previously administered by WestCOP and are being transitioned by the Office of Head Start (OHS) to FSW effective September 1, 2021.
Head Start & Early Head Start Locations Transitioned from WestCOP to FSW
- Mount Vernon Head Start, Ellen Farrar Center
- Toddler’s Park Head Start & Day Care, Mount Vernon
- Port Chester Head Start & Therapeutic Center
- St. Peter’s Day Care Center, Yonkers
- Mamaroneck Child Development Center
- Mount Vernon CAG Day Care Center
- WestHELP Mount Vernon
- Children’s Center for Learning, New Rochelle
- Tarrytown Head Start
- St. Matthew’s Head Start, Ossining
- Port Chester Children’s Place
- Yonkers Children’s Place & Day Care
- The Creative Learning Center, New Rochelle
Many of these programs will reopen in the same location. However, as part of this transition, we will be required to relocate some Head Start services to a different address in the same community. We have already begun to identify alternative sites.
It is our highest priority to open these programs as quickly as possible. We know families depend on these essential services and we are working hard to minimize disruption to children, families and communities. At the same time, it is critically important for us to ensure that the facilities, classrooms, staff, and services are in place and ready to meet the needs of the children we serve.
Click here to contact FSW about applying to Head Start or Early Head Start in any of these communities, or visit here for more information and the application.
While we work to re-establish services, we are available to returning families as well as new families who are looking for information about services for their children.
Questions? Please contact:
Hope Shapiro Lilian, MS, LMSW
Family and Community Engagement Manager
Are you passionate about early childhood education? Many of our current openings can be found here. For information about joining the FSW team, please contact Crystal Reeves in Human Resources at (914) 305-6856 or Crystal.Reeves@fsw.org.