Serving 30,000 people a year with counseling, education and support during a crisis, FSW is one of the pillars of health in this Westchester community.
Here are some of the ways we have mobilized to help during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Our mental health clinicians have been conducting a record-breaking 1,300 therapy sessions per week via telephone and video, an increase over the same period last year. We have responded quickly to an influx of new clients requiring support and reassurance in this time of crisis.
- Our certified preschool teachers will be providing daytime child care for children of healthcare workers and first responders in White Plains.
- Our Junior Board released $2,500 in grocery gift cards from their Enrichment Fund to help Head Start impacted by school closures.
- Our RideConnect program is taking seniors to essential medical appointments like chemotherapy and dialysis. We are also providing grocery shopping and medication delivery for seniors. To volunteer click here.
Ways to Help
We are one of the first places people turn in a crisis. Please help us meet the high demand of support to our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Donate Today: Your generosity will help us provide children, seniors and families with the resources they desperately need. To donate, click here.
- Volunteer: We are recruiting volunteers to do shopping and delivery of groceries and medication for seniors. To volunteer, email email@example.com or click here.
- Create: Please send artwork, cards and letters to seniors at our Maple House assisted living program. Mail to: Family Services of Westchester. ATTN: Monique Anderson. 2975 Westchester Avenue, Suite 401. Purchase, NY 10577
We are so grateful for your support that enables us to respond to whatever challenges are faced by those we serve. Your contributions are needed now more than ever.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.