FSW’s Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) program offers loving, stable homes and foster parents to children who, for various reasons, are unable to live with their birth parents or family members at this time. The children are from all social, economic and ethnic backgrounds and between the ages of 0-21. The youth in this program are special in that they may have behavioral, social, medical, or emotional struggles.
Therapeutic foster parents are provided with extensive training and professional support including respite care and 24 hour on-call support. Therapeutic Foster Care’s foster parents give children the chance they deserve for a family, a home and a future.
What support services do foster parents provide?
- A safe, consistent and structured home environment where a child can develop skills to succeed in the home, school and community
- Emotional support and a cooperative family lifestyle for children who want to reunite with their birth parents and siblings
- Clear expectations and positive praise
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and emotional availability
What support services do foster parents receive?
- Specialized parent skills training
- 24-hour support from professional program staff
- Weekly in-home support from program staff
- Monthly group support sessions
- Respite Services
- Monetary Compensation (Tax Free)
- In-house therapy
To connect with us and/or begin the process of becoming a Therapeutic Foster Care Parent, please contact: Erica Pretel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-417-7685.